27 June 2013

Sport in Seville

I happened to pass a local martial arts gym today and it reminded me of the good old days when I practised TaeKwonDo in Tartu (Estonia). I quit after half a year of training and not because I didn't like it, I very much did, but I felt it wasn't for a good reason. I must admit, I'm not exactly a sporty girl myself not having much need for workout, and you know, you can hang around the most handsome guys in the town (that those taekwondokas most certainly were) working their butts off at the same gym with you, but sometimes it's just not enough. I'm telling all that since it's a popular sport here too - Spanish athletes even won 3 olympic medals in TaeKwonDo at the last Summer Games in London. Here, how do I admire the people who have all the spirit and sweating readiness! So how do the Sevillians do in this respect? They do more than good in fact. They're great! Marina Alabau Neira has actually been quite powerful for a number of years at the Windsurfing World and European Championships and won a gold medal in Women's sailboard at the 2012 Summer Olympics. And she's Andalusian, born in Seville. For more achievements, see here.

Marina working on it. Photo taken from www.zimbio.com 

Being on cloud nine. Photo taken from spanish.news.cn 

At the Closing Ceremony. Photo taken from www.sydsvenskan.se

No comments:

Post a Comment