26 October 2013

A bar where I feel like home - El Perro Andaluz

El Perro Andaluz (The Andalusian Dog) is a cultural café-bar, a fun place to go. I have been there twice. On both occasions I went there with the same friend, and I'm thankful to him for taking me to such a dreamy place for a night. I hadn't had time to expect too much, because both times it was a spontaneous decision to go there. And seriously, I had no idea what sort of music they put out, which is always a kind of sensitive issue for people like me who are really into music, but only certain types of music. In the end, it turned out that I liked the vibe of the place from the minute I walked in and I will definitely go back there again and again, and again. And you know why? Because it brought me in my mind to the night life fun in my beloved Tartu, one of the coolest university towns in Europe, a town of cosy cafés, awesome bars and amazing people.

Interior of El Perro Andaluz. Image from their Google+ profile

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, the bar in Seville. I first got amazed with with it listening to a reggae fusion music project that mixes various styles, such as reggae, ska and rumba, called La Dstyleria. It was so unspeakably cool that I couldn't quite believe they were real and I literally fell in love with all the guys on stage. For more, see their Facebook or Twitter page.

Have a look at and listen to the band in action: 


There is always a new art exhibition on display in El Perro Andaluz that is worth checking out, and there are always some bands playing for free or poetry reciting or something else going on. Staff is friendly and the beer is cold as hell (well, as ice), and the service is decent, too. Visit their Facebook or Twitter page to be updated on upcoming events.


People enjoying a poetry recital at the bar. Image taken from the blog of poetry recital series

No comments:

Post a Comment