26 October 2013

A bar where I feel like home - El Urbano

El Urbano (The Urban) is another bar in Seville that I find to be exceptionally comfortable. It's a cocktail bar decorated with the intention to give it an impression of street. Tables and chairs create an atmosphere as if it were a terrace, and there are many stepping stones laid on the ground to sit on. There are lamp posts, street benches and other street elements along both sides of its walkways. Men's room simulates a phone booth of London, it's red and all. Besides, you can watch in through the windows. Fortunately, it's not the case of ladies' room. 


Entrance of El Urbano. Image taken from a hotel searching site Trivago España

For me, it's not about the surroundings there. It's about people. These free and easy bohemians I miss so much. It just has a very hometowny kind of feel. It somehow brings together the types of people I understand best and feel comfortable with. It may be because the play rock, including the rock of the world. And this is something that knows no generational limits, attracting enthusiasts of all ages, which is exactly what I like in a bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment