9 August 2013

A glass of water. Rather a bottle, a bucket?

I do not really have to do much to meet my daily fluid needs. I'm not a drinker by any means. I have a coffee every morning and another in the late afternoon or early evening. Sometimes I will have a tea, another caffeine drink, in the evening. Occasionally I would have a beer or two or a glass of wine but not very often. And I would crave for some ice-cold vodka at times. But that's it - no water, juice or soft drinks. Water doesn't taste quite right to me and the latter two are too sweet for use with food. And, I'm rarely thirsty. Mind you, I'm no water drinker, but apparently I'd give it a shot if I were in Seville in the summer heat. The temperatures under 40 degrees Celsius wouldn't bother me a bit, be that at home or in the street, but at those approaching or passing 50, I would change my rutine. I would drink water, getting that it's life.

Water is life. Phyto by gadel84 from Global Gallery

Sevillians are profoundly aware of the most fundamental human needs, when it comes to water. They drink tons of it in Seville.

Kid chilling with water from a street tap in a hot day. Photo by AFP from Diario Público

There's even a corner at an intersection of two streets in Santa Cruz neighbourhood dedicated to the message: agua es vida, water is life.

Water and life. Photo by plaillo1 from Facilisimo Interactive

No comments:

Post a Comment